Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy new Year!!

Happy 2012!!!

Unfortunately, I have not been able to keep up with the posts on this blog in the way I was hoping. I am going to try to update it once a week with what we have done during the week.

This past week we had some great relaxing family time. Jimmy was off for the week so we were able to finish some projects around the house as well as have some fun family time. Monday, I cleaned all of the Christmas stuff up and Jimmy and the kids played with all of their new toys. Tuesday, Jimmy cleaned the storage area out back & finished laying the flooring in our attic. This was another project that was started a few years ago and never finished due to not having the time. I am excited to have some more storage space. Wednesday, Jimmy worked on a couple side jobs that he had promised to do while he was off work. Some friends that were in town from Michigan came by to visit for a couple hours that afternoon and then Jimmy & I went out to dinner with some other friends visiting from out of town. The kids spent the night with my mom while we were out with friends. Thursday, Jimmy had to go work on the race bike (that season will be starting very soon). I relaxed all morning and did nothing which is something I never get to do. My mom brought the kids home at lunchtime and then later that night Jimmy & I took the kids to Lights of the South. They had already been earlier this season so they were excited to get to show all of the cool things to Daddy. Friday, I went shopping and then went to the movies with my sister, Tiffanni and niece, Karson. We also went to lunch and the mall. It was nice to spend some girl time just hanging out and having fun. This is something we will being trying to do more of in the upcoming year. Saturday, Jimmy and Trevor went to an RC race and McKenna and I finished running some errands. I love that she loves to shop and hang out with Mommy. Last night, we made some snacks and just hung out at the house. Jimmy and I didn't make it to midnight. He had to be up early this morning to go out of town for a RC race. I woke up this morning not feeling well. I am pretty sure it is just a cold but I am trying to rest for the day. I will be cooking our traditional New Year's Day dinner. We are having ham, black eye peas, salad, cornbread and molten lava cake for dessert.

I didn't get any pictures from last week. This is another thing I will try to be better about this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment